Friday, July 15, 2011

"Sugar & Spice" & Everything Nice...

...that's what little girls are made of. :) One of the hottest lines that came out this Spring is Crate Paper's Emma's Shoppe. I don't have any little girls of my own, but as soon as it was unveiled in early Spring, I knew it was a must have for me! I love creating with such sweet, girlie, vintage imagery. Not to mention that it is filled with lots of RED, PINK & AQUA!

I have a large stash of old windows and occasionally I come accross an unusual one. When I found this one in my piles and piles of windows, I knew this would be a perfect fit with Emma's Shoppe. The subtle buttercream paint on the window pane ties in perfectly with the yellows in the paper. How fun it was to create and play with the colors & design just so. Totally perfect in a little girl's room don't you think?

As many of you know, I was recently appointed to be on the Paper Issues Creative Team. Last week they revealed the newest theme, "Life Is Sweet." What better project could I share for this theme than "Sugar & Spice!" I hope you all will share any projects that you have that play along with the "Life Is Sweet" theme over at the Paper Issues Blog! You might just have your spectacular project featured!

TGIF! Have a great weekend!
Amy

10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! You are AMAZING!!! This is GENIUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Amy, these colors are sick! "Sugar" is speaking to me!

Congrats on your new design team, they are lucky to have you!

Jessy Christopher said...

Emma's shoppe was my fav line for spring too! Mojo just flow when I start to create with this line! Totally loving what you did. Pretty!

Sharm Nidyanandan said...

you make THE most amazing mosaic windows! this is fabbie and you nailed Emma's Shoppe gurl!!! tfs!! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, how sweet and how beautiful this is! I just LOVED this line, too, and you have used it fabulously here. So, so cool that this is a window.

BabyBokChoy said...

This is really lovely and you are right, that line is hot and you used it most glorious, don't forget to send it to info@cratepaper.com :)

Andrea Amu said...

This line does have some awesome imagery and colors! I have a little but haven't used it yet... best get on that, eh?!

You just amaze me with your mosaic and window creations!

And congrats on your new creative team appointment! I will need to check out that blog ;)

jaz lee said...

Awww Congrats on the new DT!!! Have Fun and share lots of your gorgeous creations with us will ya ;) *wink*

and this sugar and spice project is SWEEEET!

jaz

Jill said...

I'm definitely a fan of Emma's Shoppe, too, and I love what you've done with it here!

~jan said...

Ive always had an affintiy for old windows too, Amy! (I have a rather large one that I need to do something special with). Love this beautiful project of yours!